Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Types of Corrosion....Effecting on Natural Gas pipes. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

myapples

Petroleum
Dec 29, 2002
PK
I MAY PLEASE BE GUIDED THAT THERE ARE HOW MANY KINDS OF CORROSION.SPECIALLY I WANT TO KNOW THE TYPES OF SUCH CORROSION WHICH EFFECTS ON NATURAL GAS PIPE LINES.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MAY I KNOW HOW WE CAN COME TO KNOW THAT A PROTECTED NET WORK IS UNDER THE INFLUANCE OF STRAY CURRENTS OR UNDER INTERFERANCE....AND WHAT ARE THE MEASURES TO GET RID OF INTERFERANCE. I WELCOME YOUR ANSWERS THANKS

I am currently looking at an application using a dilute sulfuric acid slurry with a pH of less than 1.5. The process may reach 500F and 700psig for extended periods of time. I am searching for a cost efficient piping material for this application. Today the large range of products are available, Alloy 20, Hastelly (multiple grades), 904L, Duplex, Super Duplex, Zirconium and Tantilum. These materials all have different corrsion rates (well published at lower temperatures)and prices. The process will require extensive field welding.

I would like to hear from others exeriences they have had with similar operating conditions. Also a publication that may compare corrosion rates at elevated temperatures for a dilute sulfuric acid application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back