Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

TYPES OF GALVANIZED SHEET METAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

valmeidan

Aerospace
Dec 13, 2011
CA
So I have seen a few types of finishes on galvanized sheet metal on the internet. The typical patterned kind of metal chip looking finish and what looks like a more smooth, almost stainless steel looking galvanized. I want to use the smoother style galvanized sheet, but I am not sure what to spec or if it even exists as it was just a pic I saw. I have only seen the chip style galvanized sheet in person, but have never seen the smoother style, what would I spec on a drawing for this

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4f80925f-4a20-45cb-9a4e-b3f294954937&file=galv.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Galv2.jpg shows the spangles characteristic of commodity galvanized steel sheet.

Galv.jpg shows the uniform texture characteristic of a slightly specialized product called galvanneal, which is basically galvanized steel sheet that is annealed after galvanizing.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

it is a Chinese manufacturer web site.

Do you trust them to duplicate the picture, duplicate the specifications and product you want, or produce the product they will actually be able to deliver?
(Hard question, I know. IF they deliver want you want, then pay. Seems to be the hardest currency, the hardest to negotiate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back