Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCP 200, UCF 200 Mounted Bearings, STANDARDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Cougar

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2003
US
My customers are asking for UCP 200 and UCF 200 bearings. The vendors say "no problem," but the bearings received are NOT dimensionally interchangeable.

Does anyone know were I can get a copy of the UCP and UCF bearing standards?

Thank you,

4Cougar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

These are generic part numbers for a series of pillow blocks and four-bolt flanges. For a 1" pillow block your part number would usually be UCP205-16. "05" being the physical housing size and "16" being shaft size in sixteenths of an inch. A 25mm pillow block is usually part number UCP205. There are many manufacturers using this nomenclature and most interchange as far as bolt hole centers and base to center height. Everything else is a crap shoot. You need to make sure of your shaft dimensions and the brand you are replacing if there are other important dimension considerations. Any decebt bearing distributor should be able to figure out what you need without a problem.

There are both Japanese and European standards on these units. Some manufacturers manufacture both (e.g. TR - China).

Depending on your location in the world, you will have one standard or the other dominant - but world trade leads to an influx of the other. South Africa is a typical example as it is equidistant from both major manufacturing centres, but we have the same problem in the UK.

The most difficult ones to match are the UCFC, round 4-bolt piloted flange types - the spigot diameters all vary!

Obviously it helps to double check relevant dimensions.

I have some interchange information that I can send you if you want - incomplete - but I'w working on this very problem to put the information on my company website to try and eliminate this sort of confusion.

If you want to e-mail me your fax number I will fax you the relevant catalogue pages that you need. (technical@nbcgroup.co.uk)

Lester Milton
Telford, Shropshire, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back