Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

UDF with Parent/Child Dependent Components - NX6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle89

Aerospace
Jun 2, 2014
CA
I am looking to create a UDF of what is essentially a thru hole counterbored from both ends. I tried creating the UDF from a counterbored hole and a simple hole which uses the thru hole as its reference point, however when I go to insert it I get an "Unable to Paste" error.

I am assuming the issue is that the simple hole is a child of the counterbored hole and therefore cannot reference geometry from its parent when I go to insert the UDF. Does anyone know a way around this?

I have had a little bit of success extruding the back counterbore from a sketch referenced to the same point as the counterbored hole, but the problem there is that I cannot insert multiple instances of the feature at once (the back counterbore only appears on the first instance).

Thanks in advance for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Frank, I like the solution for the most part.
Still has the issue where when attempting to add multiple features at once (selecting multiple points as the "Section for Counterbored hole" when inserting the UDF) the back counterbore only appears on the first hole. I've been playing around with it for a good part of the morning and haven't had any success in fixing that, so looks like I may have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back