Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG 13 to UG NX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfoster59

Aerospace
Jun 14, 2005
US
About 4 years ago I spent some time working with UG13 developing programs for CNC Machining (lathe primarily and some mill). 4 years later I'm back in engineering and now were at ver. NX3. I have been putzin around with it a bit but there are very few simularities. Are there any good books out there for UG NX3 training? I need all the help I can get. Right now I am doing all programming manually but it's a heavy load and I need to get the UG going quick.
Thanks Guys,
Bob

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Paul,
I tried the link above but it appears the the site is no longer available. Check it out and see if it works for you. Meanwhile still looking for all the help I can get.

The link works for me. Steve is good at modeling, but limited on the manufacturing side.
Try for their i.get.it web-based training. You can run it from any web browser, anywhere.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Not sure what the ethics behind it are (or even if the documentation requires a license), but CAST is just a bunch of web pages in a folder on your drive. If you want to review at home, I would copy the folder and read through the documentation at home. It's not like you are taking a copy of UG, you're just taking the manual home. Don't bother with the .prt files.

Terry

No, it doesn't cover CAM. It covers modeling procedures and methods. I don't know of any books covering CAM, but hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back