Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG NX-Identify the duplicate dimensions in drawing/Modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambila

Mechanical
Nov 29, 2012
US
Hi,

Is there any method to identify the duplicate dimensions in modeling and drafting. Basically I'm looking for Journal to do this Job.

Thanks
Bambila

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you say "duplicate dimension" are we to assume that you mean a "dimension" on a Drawing? If so, how are we to take your inclusion of "modeling" in this inquirey?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

That's true in Sketching, but the original question may also be referring to a PMI dimension. That's why I asked for some clarity.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

My question is for both modeling and drafting.
In modeling suppose I use one dimension in sketch(1) and again use same dimension in future sketch say sketch(15).
In case of drafting suppose I give the positioning dimension of same hole in different sheets from same reference.

I'm sorry, but there is no practical way of detecting these sorts of 'duplicates'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The reason is when we create the large drawings, we tend to dimension the same feature twice in diiferent sheets.
Is that possible to create the Journal which identifies the same value in drawing? Depending on the journal report we can decide manually whether the dimensions are duplicate.

Bambila
Mechanical Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back