Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG Nx, Object Selection based on the views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurusamuel

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2017
IN
Hello All,

My question is regarding the object selection in Ug Nx. I want to select the part faces whatever is in visible in oriented view either one of Top, right, left and etc..., please support if any one knows how do to this.

Thanks and Regards
GurusamuelT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This question is a bit confusing to me. Are you talking about in Drafting views or Modeling views? In Drafting views, if you expand into one and rotate it, you will find that it is not necessarily a solid but just a face in the view. If you go to the view settings, you can turn Edges Hidden By Edges on. If you expand and rotate it again, you will then see the front face and the hidden face, but no side faces.

If you are talking about modeling, then all you need to do is change your filter to FACE and you can select any face you wish.

Kenja,
Thanks for your response. This question is asking in modeling space. You assume there is a part in modeling mode,
Step 1
Part is oriented into front view or right view and etc...
Step 2
Going to Object selection option (Control+J), then selected the face from the filter.
Step 3
Now I want to select the part faces whatever is in visible in oriented view either one of front view or right view and etc...
Note: That shouldn't be select the invisible faces. should be selected the visible faces only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back