Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

UG NX total time/hour tracker for part files

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWillard

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2009
US
I was wondering if UG has some sort of way to track the amount of total hours that were applied to a part or assembly file??? I'm trying to compare design time (hours in a file) from a UG file to the same design time on files from another software. We have a UG model returning to us that was done by an outside contracted firm. I'd like to verify the firms claim to hours needed to the actual info found within the UG files (if possible).

Thanks in advance,
Gary

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gary,

if you go the modeling appl. you can use the

Information --> Part --> Part History...

option.

You will see the creation date and hour and how many time they saved the part/assembly, on different dates and times. You cant roughly estimate the duration in days for working on that part.
But if they left the part open for one day and saved once in the morning and once in the evening you cant be sure that they in fact worked all day at the part.

Hope this helps a little.

Kind regards

Michaël

Thanks for the help Michael! I figured getting the actual hours "worked on" would be a hard one to determine, but knowing what day the file was created, how many days it was opened and worked on, plus knowing how many users worked on it is what will help me the most.

Thanks again-
Gary

Just keep in mind that even this isn't totally reliable. It is very easy to import (or export) a part into a new file, thus erasing all history.

"Good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor." - [small]Robert Hunter[/small]

Another thing to watch for is when recreating work in a second system, that just modelling by reading off a drawing is a lot quicker than initially designing something. We had a vendor trying to tell us their product was much quicker than our (then) current toolset by taking advantage of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back