Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG NX2 to and from Catia v5 translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred2002

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2002
GB
We will be receiving some models in Catia V5 format (catpart and catproduct) from our customer and will need to translate it into UG NX2 format to use as interface information. At some later stage we will have to convert our models into CATIA files. The models are very likely to contain B-spline and Bezier surfaces.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best software available in terms of quality and reliability of translation and also cost.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

fred2002 said:
Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best software available in terms of quality and reliability of translation and also cost

My recommendation would be to use UGNX2. They've got a great Catia V4 interface. I pass V5 models to a client of mine all the time, who also uses UG. I simply save them as a .model file, and he can then read them directly into UG. (or save them as a .prt file)

Check out CATBlog!

License for what? The V4 plugin?

It's true that you would need additional licensing - but the original author DID ask for recommendations for software. Did I assume wrongly that he/she wanted to hire a translation, or do a one-time translation, vs. purchasing a solution?

For about $8000 (retail, of course) you can get Kubotec KeyCreator, ST + Catia V5. That price would get you all of the translators, including the Catia V5. (which is sold separately) I've used the program, and I think it works very well. Not perfect in every single case, but nothing is...

Check out CATBlog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back