Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ug NX9 Part name clash using G.M. toolkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerdesign

Automotive
Jun 28, 2016
US
Ever since Nx9 came about, when modeling/surfacing a new work part, there seems to be an issue with said work part grabbing features from a used product file in which it stores unknown features from the product file used containing a link to the part name somewhere within the work part. When re-opening said work part and trying to add component (part used for development), you are now given a "name would clash with part already known in the session", yet no part file with that name is loaded. We have tried parameters, part clean-up(s), what we feel is every option in "utilities", etc.. Does anyone have a thought on where to look to possibly strip the offending feature the work part may have grabbed which constantly seems to cause name clashes upon adding as a component?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried looking in the part attributes for old GM part numbers or names? I've not ran into this issue specifically since NX9, so hard for me to say it's a Siemens issue - could be a GM Toolkit issue or something that's starting within GM and not rearing its head until you're working on it.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Updated my Toolkit to Rev L. Now NX, Teamcenter will not start. I get a God awfull message when trying either. The 6.1 toolkit menu comes up, but nothing will start from there. The CAD tab is gone where you could start NX with the toolkit independent of Teamceneter.
When trying to start NX by itself without the GM stuff(Did not touch the NX install during the GM upgrade, BTW) I get:

The procedure entry point
?MakeMwGougeChecker@DemandLoader@Cam@UGS@@SAPEAVIPat
hChecker@23@PEAVOPR@3@HP6AHPEBDPEAX_N@Z2N@Z could not
be located in the dynamic link libcamsdemand.dll.

pkared started his own thread - please don't reply to his question in this thread, as it's totally unrelated to the OPs question - thanks!

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back