Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG Shop Docs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme0319

Bioengineer
Dec 7, 2004
US
My company is a contract manufacturer of medical implants using UG CAM. We're looking to streamline our programming tasks.

Is anybody out there using UG Shop Docs. Currently we define tools in UG CAM for manufacturing purposes and then seperately type-up a "tool sheet" in Excel for use on the shop floor. This sheet describes the attributes of each tool and gives a basic description of what it's going to do, along with any special instructions.

It seems like UG Shop Docs provides a basic platform for this type of thing, but how customizable is it? We'd like to be able to enteer the info in one place only. Is anyone out there using Shop Docs for this purpose and if so, does anyone have experience customizing it or know of any useful resources?

Thanks
Paul P.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

here is a problem:
the system alerts me, whene it executes this line:
$mom_machine_time seems not exist...
(even in shopdoc,or postprocessing)
so what?

----
kukelyk

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I am intrested in knowing if you have gotten the shop docs to output just one program at a time instead of all at one time
would you be intrested in helping me to get mine to work correctly

Thanks Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back