Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG Sketcher 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred2002

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2002
GB
When you deactivate a sketch in UG the dimensions etc are supposed to disappear. However in a sketch of mine, this isn't happening. Does anybody know what's causing it and also how to fix it?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try replacing the view with another view (TOP to TFR-ISO) then back again. I've noticed UG hanging at times, especially when erroring out with something.

I think it's been since V18 that UG has been horrible about retaining the highlighting of objects to the point that you are forced to do a part cleanup to turn off the highlighting. Ever since I noticed this, the graphics hanging has increased as well.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

While the sketch that has "retain dimensions" toggled on, is active. Go to Preferences -> Sketch... and uncheck the "Retain Dimensions" box (middle of Sketcher Preferences Dialog). Each sketch retains it own preferences.

ugDeveloper

Thanks for your answers and I've tried both suggestions. However, I'm using UG v18 and replace view doesn't make any difference and under sketch preferences there is no tick box for "Retain Dimensions", only "Maintain View Orientation", "Maintain Layer Status" and "Display DOF Arrows". Should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks

Fred

I think the answer was staring me in the face!

In the UG v18 "Sketch Tools" dialogue box, the "Retain Dimension Display" box is below the "Activate"/"Deactivate" sketch buttons. My problem sketch had this box ticked when activated. Unticking removed the dimensions when deactivated.

Doh!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back