Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UGNX5 Assemblies loosing parts? How can I re-assemble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkared

Automotive
Oct 14, 2009
US
I have been creating assemblies in NX5 and occasionally the assemblies forget where a part is. I can point it to the file manually(Rt clk on position in assy navigator and select: open component as...) and it will remember that revised location until I close UG, even if I close the assy(yes I am saving)and reopen it. Once UG has been closed, it will not remember where the files are. In Catia V5, the is a function called desk that will search or follow your search guidance to find an assembly file it has lost and you're in business, it records the "new" location. Does NX have a better way to reconnect lost component parts than the way I have been trying? This shouldn't be that hard. I can't believe you have to create a whole new assembly when an assembly file forgets a location or a part file gets moved. I have tried all this using quickie models to see if it was the part files themselves, but no, the demo files react the same way. I've tried it on NX6 and I see no difference.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have search paths set up in your load_options.def file to locate your parts if they are in different locations?

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

From your post, it sounds like you want your load options (for NX6 located at: File -> Options... -> Assembly Load Options). There are also options if you want to search directories or use a part versioning scheme.

Very good, That was it although I need to explore the from search folders option and the reference sets stuff. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back