Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UGS SELF PACED TRAINING ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerospace
Feb 22, 2006
US
HAS ANYONE PURCHASED OR USED THE UGS NX MEMBERSHIP SELF PACED TRAINING ($408 PER YEAR) AN IS IT WORTH IT ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At my last company, our plant used i.get.it from and were pleased with it.
Other divisions used the UG CAST product and they were also pleased with it.

The problem with self-paced training is that you can load it up, but you can't make them use it. For refresher or upgrades it is okay, but I don't recommend it for new users.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
Sr IS Technologist
L-3 Communications

I inquired with UGS as we presently use CAST. They said it is the same and since we have CAST there would be no point in the on-line self-paced training.

Don't know the trade offs due to price.

I feel the cadpo training is a little more in depth than CAST and if you're an approved GM supplier, you'll get more than just the standard training courses. You'll also get all of GM's online training courses, which are pretty good for Free Form Modeling and Analysis techniques. The only drawback with the GM courses is they only go up to NX2 for the most part....but the techniques used in those courses are still valuable in my opinion.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back