Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

UI settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

prsyam

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2012
SA
Hi All, Is there a way I can have a personal UI settings when it restored from server after every restart, I am mainly annoid with the options menu popping out with every command, each time I need to check do not show again.
then toolbars, performace settings, assembly fast options, command tips etc..
I cannot tell them to change because they need it since all of them are getting trained.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well here on ST4 all my menu's and keyboard shortcuts are stored here:

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 104\Customization\New Theme 1

Periodically I copy this folder to my local documents, then when I lose all my settings for whatever reason, I will copy this folder back to said location. I don't think this contains your options menus popping up though.

Perhpaps ST5 will finally have an "export settings" function so you don't need to resort to Windows wizardry.

Thanks for your tip. I very much needed New Theme 1-RadialCustom file in that folder.
but it is not solved my problem. Since I need to play with huge plants (not even machines), it is my routine to do the following things after restart in SE Options.
#1 View > uncheck all buttons
#2 View > Arc smoothness > change the value from 3 to 1
#3 View > Refresh scale > change the value from 3 to 5
#4 Assembly > check Fast locating using box ....
#5 Assembly > check Fast locating when over path finder
#6 Assembly > uncheck Show part reference planes ...
#7 Assembly > uncheck Auto hide relationship pathfinder (I dont like it dancing)
#8 Helpers > change the Document name formula to [File name]
Not finished,[pc]
#1 Go to options in Assemble and check all buttons
#2 Path finder to the right side (I think that is the right side for that, just D'click on the top)
in all evironments I have to
#3 Take the QAT above the Ribbon to save the space
#4 Turn off all the PANES (I rarely use it)
#5 My face will become red when I see the option menu popping up with all commands.
Apart from all of this I changed my desktop resolution to half and color depth to 16 bit.
If somebody know something to increase the performance please tell me, I dont know how to simplify my Alternate assemblies (80% of my assemblies are Fabrication having Pre and post machining, so I made it in AA)
Thanks for reading.

OK, as for all those options: (view, assembly, helpers) you can go to your template files, open each one and in each one set all your desired view/assembly/helpers options. Close all files and save.

Your templates can be found by going to Options -> File Locations and then look for User Templates in the General section. If they are on a shared server, you can bypass this by copying the templates to a local folder and then pointing SE to this folder and then modifying them to your desires. Not sure your manager will be happy with that though.

The problem is property seed file, User templates, Material Table, SP SAC file & Report are in server and it got restored after restart. I always copy my own files and make new files from that, so template is not a problem. But even when I open an existing document I have to do all this exercise. As I said others are getting trained and that includes the IT people, they are refining a policy for all, and what I am doing is different. My question is that "is there a way I can do all these settings with a replacement of a file / import settings / a macro after restart", considering I am not sitting in one client computer always, but my user is same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back