Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK pervaporation system company

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkt

Chemical
Feb 12, 2003
GB
Does anybody has any contact information of UK based pervaporation companies?

I heard that there is a company named SMART Chemicals doing pervaporation but I have no idea how to contact them, their website doesn't work anymore. Does anybody know what happen?

Thank you

PKT :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The SMART chemical company no longer exists as Smart - and as far as I know they stopped producing membranes in 2001.
In case you need more information on pervaporation you can also send an email to info@sulzermembranes.com - they also have an office in UK.
Good luck :)

The Smart Chemical company does not supply pervaporation membranes any more. You could try contacting Alan Cobham Engineering (Blandford Forum) who hold a licence for Smart pervaporation technology if you are particularly interested in zeolite technology. You could also try Mitsui (zeolite membranes)- not UK based- limited practical references last I heard. I am not too sure what their current status is with a UK agent.

Alternatively Sulzer chem tech would be your best bet (polymeric and silica ? based membranes) with the most track record.

I believe Velterop / pervatech may also be able to supply pervap membranes but these also have a limited reference base last I knew.

If you are after research contacts then I could suggest one or two names.

Regards

David G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back