Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Ultra high repeat accuracy inductive sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RENeng

Mechanical
Nov 13, 2005
DK
Hi all.

First post on the forum so be overbearing with me if I am violating good conduct, but I have really run aground in a project.

I am currently involved in the ungrateful task of building a "low cost" torque transducer and in connection with that, I need to find a proximity sensor (preferable inductive) that has ultra high repeatability accuracy. ideally less than 1μm, at a cheap cost (the sub 100Euro range) Switching frequency is not so important (less than 100Hz)

I am looking around at places like OMRON and Pebbler and Fuchs an the likes, but unfortunately they seldom advocate repeatability accuracy on their "cheap" sensor range (and probably for a good reason)

If you have any good leads, please help me by pointing me in the right direction.

Best regards
Rasmus

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

the relevant temperature is in the 0 to 50 degree Celcius bracket.
Hopefully (subject to investigation on precise setup) i can live with the temperature variations within my accuracy requirement.

I am not trying to build an absolute reference torque transducer, so the accuracy may drift (to a limit) as i plan to run a "zero calibration" periodically during use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back