Ultra-Low Flow Metering of Wastewater

Status
Not open for further replies.

cneberly

Civil/Environmental
May 11, 2016
US
thread161-357912

I have an acid neutralization wastewater application where the city is requiring metering of the wastewater discharge prior to entering the city sewer. The amount of wastewater is about 200 gallons per day. This appears to be well below the minimum of all open channel flumes. I am considering using a batch system utilizing a pump and paddle wheel meter (or magnetic meter). Does anyone have any other ideas or recommendations?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you propose will work. There are however lots of small flowmeters using various methods of measurement in the process industry. Here is one that is typical of what is out there.

The city may want an approved type or metrology tested unit if the unit is used for billing or compliance purposes. That may limit your choice.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

Thanks for you help!
I have a preliminary design showing a typical meter.
FLWC-EF50-B.PDF

Photo%20Jul%2013%2C%207%2031%2011%20AM.jpg

Chris Eberly, PE

Chris,

That should work well. Without having all the details though it looks okay, but you should double check that the flow meter meets the city's standards.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

The industry is moving away from having valves and flow meters in manholes and wet wells. These areas are electrically classified as hazardous area (Class 1, Div 1 ).

Your concept looks fine, but you should have a separate vault for the valves and flow meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back