Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to get dimensions for individual plies separately 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaeeqRana

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2016
PK
thread327-286047
Hi, I am using CATIA V5 for composite modeling on curved surface. I am using grid method for modeling, in manufacturing module I am unable to get dimensions for individual plies separately.In reality Plies in one laminate must have different dimensions due to curvature. (Inner most ply must have smallest dimension). Kindly help me out in this regard. Secondly how can I manipulate Title block in Composite Ply book ?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you so much. Don't you bold any text in title block ? I made part on one PC and generated drawing on other PC, I modified the part on first PC and replaced it with part on second one containing drawing. Drawing does not show any link break and when I generate the title block after deleting the first one. It does not pick the part info. like mass, part no., definition. etc. Would you please help, what is wrong with this?
Thanks.

Sorry for the late response. All the time I thought that you are talking about Capitals. My Mistake. Search for a text property for bold text. Never used that.
what happening if you generate new title block? Take a look and links and see if there is any problem.

Its ok, Thank u. U did not tell about the possibility of mirroring composite parts in assembly. What would u say about symmetry of plies in composite module ?

What license do you use? There are two options for mirroring. First is staking mirror (requires CPE licence). You can just create half of stacking and then use mirror (useful for symmetrical stacking). Second one is composite part mirror. With stacking mirror producibility works well, but sometimes you have to run producibility again. I don't remember about composite part mirror using CPM license. I use part mirroring only for laser projection. You can check that with a simple part. Any way if it's not working just run producibility from the beginning. You have all the geometry in a mirrored part including seed points, so this won't take too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back