Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Underground FRP/GRP water storage tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashique MP

Mechanical
Dec 31, 2023
SA
Can anybody explain how we can provide overflow and drainage for a buried GRP tank. Where will you route the overflow and drain and is there any other alternatives for an overflow for an underground tank?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can the tank be filled completely and did it have a pressure rating?

If not then you need to provide a pipe routes underground by gravity like a sewer.

Or a different type if tank.

You're not giving much detail here....

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

I'm actually looking for a tank to meet my requirement of 30000L underground domestic water. But we need a GRP or FRP tank. I don't know much about pressure rating. Tank will not be filled completely per se. we have pump above ground and it's positive suction. The tank supply is directly from the government and I'm looking for a fail safe solution to float valve, in case if the float valve fails.

What type of tank? Cylindrical? Square?

GRP normally didn't like being buried.

How deep?

If you want simple gravity flow then you need somewhere lower for the water to run to.

Or let it fill up and let it run it of the vent pipe.... Just need a strong enough tank.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

As to keep the water tank underground, may still need to keep the drain pipe below the tank. Or, to build an underground sump below the tank for collecting the possible drainage or overflow.

I'd say rate the tank for enough pressure that overflow discharges above grade. Probably not too hard with a shop-built tank like that.
"Draining" will likely involve pumping it dry instead of just draining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back