Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unhandled operating system exception : c0000005 error while opening NX 7.5 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustafaAsan

Automotive
Jul 4, 2014
FR
Hello,

I can't open my NX 7.5 because of this fatal error. Does anyone have a solution about this problem? Thank you.

(My operating system is Windows 8)

Mustafa.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Has this worked in the past or are you just now installing NX for the first time.

If it's the first time, then check with either Siemens or whomever you've purchased NX from. If this is a new problem which has just surfaced, then I would take it up with GTAC.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

You need to contact GTAC yourself as they will need to see your syslogs and perhaps even the files involved.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi,

My client is having the same problem. His NX7.5 cannot be open but NX8.5 and NX9 can. I believe this is not software related issue, nor a license related issue. One thing we have tried out is we remove the user profile, and add in a new user profile, and things seems to work as normal. But after sometime, the NX7.5 again cannot be opened.

The syslog file indicates something like
*** COLLAPSE:: in line 2727 of D:\workdir\reference\NX755_4\src\syss\error\ind\error.cxx at Tue Jul 08 09:40:07 2014 Malay Peninsula Standard Time
+++ Unhandled operating system exception: c0000005

I believe this is related to permission of the user. If you tried to start NX7.5 with administrative right, probably NX7.5 can open without problem. Currently we are asking GTAC about it as well.

Kind regards,
Tuw

Hello Tuw,

Thank you for the information. I tried to open as administrator also but nothing changed. I have exactly the same problem (no problem with other versions, just 7.5). Could you please give me the IR number? I want to follow-up this IR.

There was a problem with NX7.5 and a corrupt registry entry where NX7.5 wouldn't start.
I can't remember the error message but you can try the following:

Using regedit (the registry editor),go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\7.5\Layout\Railing then delete FrameMarker (see image).
2014-07-09_9-37-05_zpsea90395d.jpg

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.5, NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3
NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.1

Write it down. From my experience, it only happens with NX7.5 and it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen randomly.
Not sure if patching to later releases helps but there is Maintenance Release NX7.5.5 available for NX7.5.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.1

It happens enough here that I have created a batch file. I'm thinking about adding it to my start NX batch file but not sure what kinds of other problems that would create.

Code:
echo off

REG QUERY "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5" /f "General" | find "General" >nul
if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
REG COPY "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5"  "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5-save" /s /f
REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5" /f
Echo Deleted 7.5 keys
) ELSE (
Echo 7.5 keys not found
)

@moudy1, the way you have it set, it will wipe everything stored in registry for the user. So things like file history, window locations will be removed.
Change it so it only gets rid of the 'Frame Marker' key and then everything else will be retained.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.2, NX10 Beta

Hi all,

The problem happens again today on my client. So as PhoeNX had mentioned, it does happened randomly. Please noted that my client is using the latest patch NX7.5.5.4mp12 64bit

moudy1, is there a way to create the .bat file you mentioned that only delete that particular Frame Marker registry? I think we will need it as it had happened enough already.

Code:
echo off

REG QUERY "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5" /f "General" | find "General" >nul
if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
REG COPY "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5"  "HKCU\Software\Unigraphics solutions\NX\7.5-save" /s /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\UNIGRAPHICS SOLUTIONS\NX\7.5\Layout\Railing" /v "Frame Marker" /f
Echo Deleted 7.5 keys
) ELSE (
Echo 7.5 keys not found
)

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

Thanks should go to moudy1. Nice little script he wrote.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back