Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniform linear load

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladiateur

Mechanical
Apr 5, 2015
DZ
hi,
in abaqus it's easy to introduce a concentrated load and a surface load, but I don't knew yer how to introduce a uniform linear load
Great thank's every one :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Mustaine3,
thak's for the replay
i'm talking about a lodaing on a beam, every kind of beam , .....I do not know if it is based on the finite element chosen ( beam , shell or solid ) if it's not a same to define a line load , if it's different for each case, I wish to know how to set a uniform linear load for each case of finite element chosen ( for beam, for shelle element and too for solide element )
thank you so much my friend :) for your help .

Methods exist for beams and shell edges. If you use A/CAE as preprocessor you'll find these kind of loads when creating a load.
The keyword would be *Dload. More details are in the manual.
Users Manual 34.4.3 Distributed loads - Section: Edge tractions and moments on shell elements and line loads on beam elements

There is no general method for edges of solids, since this is rarely needed. In reality there is nearly no situation where a edge of a volume gets a separate load.
One workaround would to create a distributed coupling from that edge to a ref node and add a point load on the ref node. Another workaround would be to create a weak beam on that edge by reusing the solid nodes (=create a stringer). Then you can create the line load on the beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back