Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unigraphics Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

katybird

Aerospace
Oct 15, 2003
US
I am looking to take a course in Unigraphics to obtain a job in Florida, but currently live in the Kansas City area. Is there any place that offers such a class? I have looked at local colleges, tech schools, etc. with no luck. Any information would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Greetings.

Most of the training comes directly from EDS. I believe the closest site to KC is in St. Louis. The training I attended was a week long "introduction" to unigraphics call P.A.U., or primary applications of Unigraphics (I think...). You may look to technical colleges for help, as they may offer courses in CAD.

EDS also does "online" classes, and even half day clases that last two weeks. They also offer "self-paced" courses.

Check out the following link for more info on training directly from EDS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Grant Wittenborn
Aerospace Engineer

A very good source for UG training is CadPo in Denver, CO. There web site is:
They also have an internet based training program called i.get.it.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

As a rule stay away from EDS/UG courses. CADPO and some of the other schools will give you much more value. EDS typically packs a 2 day course into 5.

UG courses tend to be slightly more expensive than CadPo and like realwest said, the content gets stretched out. We typically bring in a new designer and send them to 1 week at CadPo and turn them loose. The rest they pick up from the others around them. With Pro/E, our training schedule is 3+ weeks of classes for the same designer.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back