Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unigraphics nx7.5 frn feedrate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spottydot

Aerospace
Apr 21, 2004
US
I am having trouble getting the frn to output correctly... I have everything else on the post just the way I want but just cant get the inverse time to work... I picked the frn feedrate on rotate and rotate linear. I have modified every thing I can thing of to modify in the feedrate custom command with no luck... I would be very greatful for any help received... I can even send the post..

thanks shane

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please contact GTAC about this. There were some frn issues that were resolved, but I'm not sure about 7.5.
There were also several discussions on the GTAC customer forum, which has been recently migrated to the new community site.

The new public site is at
The archived customer forum is at

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Pi has been the issue. Certain pieces of NX code were in error, and assumed an estimated value for pi, which hoses FRN completely.

There have been major workarounds. Be careful, spottydot.

We are all waiting for this to be fixed once and for all.

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back