Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezcal

Mechanical
Aug 25, 2005
US
I'm in the process of upgrading from 2009 to 2010. As i follow the 'Clean uninstall & reinstall tip' in this website I ran into a problem: when I attempt to uninstall 2009 I get this message...."Internal error: Solidworks manager wants to display an important message to you, but can't find the text (ID #601, ?) You may need to reinstall Solidworks Installation Manager".

Well I've tried that but all this step wants to do is update '09 to another service pack; or am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated as I've never had this problem before. FYI: I even tried to uninstall in 'Safe Mode' with no luck. As you can see I'm stuck attempting to uninstall and need help.

One more thing: I have two installations on my computer - 2006 & 2009. Is this the problem?

Thanks in advance to all for your input.

SW 2009 SP 2.0
XP Pro SP 2
Dell 380

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Worst case when you run into a Solidworks seat that will not uninstall or gets caught in between uninstall and installing you should use the windows clean uninstall utility.

This is not something you want to use on all your programs and its only used for emergency issues that you can't seem to remove.

Here is the site for the download.

That this utility does is it removes the GUI's from the registry and then according to windows it was like it was never there.

Then you should be able to delete SW from the HDD if you haven't already and then you should reboot and you should be able to reinstall.

As a former SW Tech support person, this would be my recommendation if you called me.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

CorBlimeyLimey & Scott.

Thanks for your tips. I'm in the process of applying your advise and will let you know.

Thanks again....much appreciated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back