Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique Residential Structural Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgd

Structural
Sep 19, 2006
US
I have a client that is trying to do cost effective housing for young proffesional people trying to break into homeownership. Basically they are trying to develop a low cost condo product that first time home owners can afford. We have done a few with post tensioned slabs which are pretty straight forward, most buildings are exceeding a 15 floors so light framed construction is out.

Does anyone out there world wide seen any more cost effective floor framing system for high rise condo projects

any input would be appreciated no matter how out there it may be

regards,

bkgd

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you looked at deep profile decking with post tensioning? I believe that Structural Systems does it in Australia and the UK, dont know about the US though.

I have not i have heard of the deep profile deck system but not with pt seems interesting, any idea on links to prospective sites with info, great idea thanks

it always seems that the UK has been doing stuff for years ahead of the US

bp

Modern Steel Construction had an article about hollowcore slabs in combination with story deep alternating trusses. A colege dormitory or condo building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back