Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniting operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosirius

Automotive
Mar 13, 2008
RO
Hello,

I have 2 problems with a part.
1. I received an element from a car body, i think its made with surfaces, anyway i made thicksurfaces to made a solid body. My problem is how do i unite those surfaces to became a single one?
And the second problem is: how do i create a "paralellipipedic" body filling up the empty space between lateral surfaces?

I need to do this operations in order to make a boolean operation on another part with this one, cause this part will be the one who will extract.

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When i said element car body i meant a part from a car bodywork, its something from a door i belive :D

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

it would have been nice to JOIN all surfaces before you made ThickSurfaces...

Anyway, your ThickSurfaces soide feature are in the same Body (green gear)... it is consider as one solid already. you do not need boolean operation.

ThickSurface is not just an Offset... You do have a complete solid with a thickness...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Its more complicated the that but thxs for answer.
I cant join all surfaces from the begining cause i receive the element from my client, sucks.

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back