Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UnRelease 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLineDesign

Bioengineer
Aug 9, 2007
US
Hello, we are currently without an admin for Teamcenter Express, and hopefully we'll be updating to something else soon, but I need some help. We have several Items (not IRs) that were accidentally released. I have infodba access in the interim, but I need a quick workflow setup explanation to remove the release status. Can you help me? We have a quick release workflow, and I thought it would be easy to reference that one and reverse some steps, but that didn't go so well.

Thanks,
KLINE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The way we have it setup in TC8.3.1 is we have a workflow with only the add status task. In the handlers under the Complete section we have a "set-status" action handler with the argument "DELETE" and that seems to work for us [see attached screenshot]. Not sure if it works the same in your version though.

Daniel Sikes
Design Engineer
Young Touchstone
NX 8.0.3.4

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=89ef3fd7-ee90-41e6-9423-ba8b1d41ac24&file=quick_clear-status.PNG
As a Teamcenter DBA you only need to delete the Release by deleting POM objects. Highlight the status and delete. Then View The POM Objects using the Reference POM Objects filter in the viewer highlite and delete.

Hello,
I am not knowledgeable about workflow design.
However, this post was exactly I was looking for and a great help for me. I copied to make a workflow to use.
May I ask questions?
When I saw 2 post from Daniel and gbangs, one put set-status under "Complete" and the other put under "Start". What is difference?
And one has only Delete Argument, but the other has Delete and -f Argument. Can anybody tell me what this "-f" is? And what's the difference to use and not to use?
Thank you.

Black
From the Help on Workflow Handlers...

"DELETE
Deletes the status status_name specified by the -f argument from the target object.
If the DELETE argument is not used in combination with the -f argument, [highlight yellow]all status objects[/highlight] are removed from the target objects.
If the status objects being removed from the target objects were created in the same workflow, they are attached to the root task upon creation and are not removed from the root task by this handler.
This argument can also be used to remove status objects from targets that were applied in other workflows.

Placement
Place on any action. Typically attached to the Complete action."

Appears either method seems to work for each of their installations, whether attached to the Start action or Complete action. Find the simplest method that works for you.

gbangs
TC 8.3.3
NX 8.5.3.3 MP11

gbangs,
That answers my question. I think I should add -f argument to clear only Released status for my case. Also now I feel more comfortable about the location.
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back