Unresponsive Electrical Equipment Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redskinsdb21

Mining
May 4, 2009
US
Hello all,

Not a electrical theory question but related.

Typically when working with vendors I have had great responses and they have been good to work with to accommodate my project needs where they can.

However, a couple months ago I contacted a rep. for a major supplier in area our project is located. During our initial conversation the rep. notified me her companies engineering services had bid on the project and was upset they were not awarded the project. As a result, she will not answer my calls or emails for a quote request on any equipment.

This normally would be just go to another vendor but the equipment I need a quote on is for something only the reps. company can provide.

Any recommendations on how to get around this? Keep in mind most vendors want you to use the rep. in that area so going to a rep. on another area is really not an option.

Thanks for any tipe.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Call the equipment manufacturer and tell them that the rep will not give you a quote. Ask if you can use a different rep or purchase direct.

JG2828 (Electrical)3 Oct 23 15:45
Call the equipment manufacturer and tell them that the rep will not give you a quote. Ask if you can use a different rep or purchase direct.

The rep. is a direct employee of the manufacturer.

There is one of two things happening here, in my experience. It is possible that the rep is taking it on her own recognizance and is giving you the cold shoulder. More likely, the parent company has decided to not supply material to the contract (because their bid was engineering AND material). If it's just the rep blocking your project, then going direct to the manufacturer should be the answer. If it's the manufacturer who is stonewalling you, you're out of luck.

Converting energy to motion for more than half a century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back