UNV & Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnpenguin

Mechanical
Jul 21, 2003
BE
Hi,
We work with I-DEAS 9 under HP-UX 11.00. Our client works with I-DEAS 9 under Windows 2000. We just received a UNV file. The client says that is an assembly. We try to import it but there are only Part, not assembly at all. And all parts are not in assemblied positions.... So we can not work with this UNV.

My question: it's possible to export an assembly into UNV format ? If yes, which options ? If no, which safe way to exchange an assembly between I-DEAS sites (different platforms).

Thank you in advance,

--
VnPenguin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

2 suggestions:

1) Why not have them simply export a package file (from the library), as this is THE preferred way of transferring files between installations (and allows any changes/updates to be brought back into the original system, if desired)?

2) Another option might* be for them to put all the data into a single model file, and make you a copy of the .mf1 and .mf2 files for that model file (this would also work if the user is too, uhm, shall we say 'backwards' to use the libraries).

Either of these options would be preferable to using a Universal file, in my opinion, especially as you are both on the same version of the software anyway.

*I definitely know the package file method will work so best to go that way. Am pretty sure the model file method will work with as well, but haven't tried (with v9) between Unix and Windows.

Hi hinterneder,

Thank you for your reply. I'll propose your 1st solution to our partner.

The model solution (*.mf1 & *.mf2) will does not work because the working platforms are different (we're Unix, our part. is Windows).

Regards,

--
VnPenguin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back