Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Update Holders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

difficultone

Industrial
Jan 16, 2010
US
Can someone give me a real world example of what I would use Update Holders for. I've read the Solidworks help on them and I still don't see how Update Holders can help me or what their practical use is.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't used those for years and had actually forgotten about them till now.

If I remember correctly, they were mainly for the in-context or in-place mates ... and my modelling methods & workflow precludes in-place mates.

The update holders show you in the assembly tree all of the parts which have in-context references in the assembly.

For example: Edit one part in the assembly and add a clearance hole, drag its positioning point over an existing threaded hole that's in another part in the assembly.

Certified SolidWorks Professional

To add to that, all they really are to my knowledge, are a helpful way to see all the in-context relationships in an assembly without having to dig into every part to see what feature references what.

Certified SolidWorks Professional

"To add to that, all they really are to my knowledge, are a helpful way to see all the in-context relationships in an assembly without having to dig into every part to see what feature references what."

I see. That makes sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back