Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Updating models that use forming tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

guimba

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to have sheet metal parts that have forming tools applied update when the forming tool is modified. I don't see a way to click on something to make that happen so I've had to delete and reinsert the revised tool. Am I going about this the wrong way??? Thanks!!

Mechanical Engineer
Field Forensics, Inc.

Engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources. - Randy Pausch

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would expect a rebuild to trigger that action. Do a control Q to force rebuilding.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 2.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Thanks Crashj but that doesn't do it. I'll keep trying!

Mechanical Engineer
Field Forensics, Inc.

Engineering isn't about perfect solutions; it's about doing the best you can with limited resources. - Randy Pausch

It is not possible in Solidworks to update the forming tool and have it roll out to update the part. This was a frustration of mine for years when I was doing sheet metal parts.

Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks all, bad news indeed. BTW, does anyone know why I'm not getting email notifications even though I have it turned on? Good thing I came back in to check on this post! Thanks.

Mechanical Engineer
Field Forensics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back