Uplift analysis in ETABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossamamer

Structural
May 23, 2015
EG
Dear all,

I would like to know how to take account for uplift in ETABS and when I export results to SAFE

in other words I have a building which will be subjected to uplift and i dont know what to do in etabs and safe to account for this.

your help will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First thing that you should keep in mind is which your structure shall has no uplift more than 25% (see your standard) of foundation dimensions. also overturning of foundation shall be checked ( also sliding ). however uplift and its calculations need a nonlinear uplift analysis. keeping accounts the uplift and its effects needs the modeling of structure and foundation together and doing a nonlinear analysis. In latest versions of etabs you can model foundation and structures together and also using springs under the foundation for Ks (subgrade modulus) modeling.
however for modeling structure and foundation together and calculating the reinforcement of foundation, i suggests trying with SAP2000.

I haven't directly exported from ETABS to SAFE before, but I've used SAFE plenty to examine uplift. You need to convert the load combinations to a non linear analysis. It's fairly easy to do and is in the User Manual for both ETABS and SAFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back