UPS needed for PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickidy

Electrical
Sep 1, 2004
CA
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I would like first to congratulate everybody who takes of their free times to share their knowledge.

I'm looking for a UPS (500-750VA) that would be compact and could be easily installed in a PLC (Hammond or Hoffman) enclosure. The ideal UPS would be railmount but given the size and the weight of the battery, it's often not the case. So, a UPS with an external battery would do the job. I've looked on internet (APC and other brand) without success.

Any suggestions

Best Regards

Rickidy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the suggestion ControlConcept,

The 500VA limitations cause problems. Sometimes, I'm gonna need 750VA and maybe a little more. So I have to find a UPS within this range.

Thanks anyway.

Rickidy

We usually use off the shelf commercial units, they are much cheaper than any so called industrial units. Most UPS's are use for commercial computer backup.

We strap them to the bottom of the electrical cabinet with a bracket. We have also used inexpensive velcro for a hold down, but it doesn't seem very industrial like, but i like it just as well.

Thanks all,

but I think the model I'm looking for is not on the market or is not well-known andI can't find it. So, I will stay with the APC one, which is a good quality at a cheap price. But I'm still thinking they should design one for PLC enclosures that look professional.

Thanks anyway.

Square D built one for this.. It would power my PC for about 30 seconds.. It was about 2" thick 12" high and about 8" deep.. I tossed it about 2 months ago couse it was just a door stop for me..Try there web site..To be more specific i am pretty sure it was there merlin brand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back