Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upside down dimensions in sheet files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raross1204

Civil/Environmental
Aug 22, 2002
US
When I place a dimension in a reference file then I view it in the sheet file, the dimension comes in upside down. If I drop the dimension, it comes in fine. I would prefer if possible not to drom the dimension. The view in the reference file is rotated. Does anyone know if there is an easy solution or do I have to drop the dimension?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried placing the dimension in your sheet file?
Under the pull down for ELEMENT>DIMENSION>PLACEMENT ...
Check the box that says "Reference File Units".
The "DIM" should scale to your reference file.

Hope that helps. [spin]

Placing the dimension on the sheet file does work will, but I would prefer to dimension directly in the reference file. I guess I tend to move the reference files around a lot especially when I have multiple details. If I were to dimension on the sheet it would just take more time. Thanks rkey

rich

I found the answer to my question, just want to share it with everyone.

If you place a fence around the dimensions and key in: FENCE FREEZE the dimensions will act as though they have been dropped and the dimesions will come in as intended. If later you want to manipulate the dimensions you place a fence around the dimensions and key in: FENCE THAW, this will bring the dimensions back.

Thanks for your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back