URGENT: IDEAS NX5: Internal Security Error 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkleg01

Automotive
Nov 1, 2012
MX
Hello everyone,

I am having problems running Ideas NX5 and this error appears. It also says that the I do not know how this happened as the program had been working fine until today.
I have searched for solutions in Google but have not found any that have been helpful. I tried changing the file path but it only made another error appear and, since I do not know anything about programing I thought it best to leave it so.
However it is urgent that I get the program up and running ASAP. If anyone has some advice I'd be grateful to have it.

The program is run in Windows XP.

http://i50.tinypic.com/35kmn0w.jpg[/IMG]]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best bet would be to call GTAC support at Siemens PLM Software.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Nope. The program interface won't even open. Usually the black DOS screen comes on and then IDEAS opens up but now not even that.

Yep call GTAC Sorry I Was thinking a corrupt model file.

Try renaming your param file and let I-Deas create a new one. I think this more serious than that.

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work.
I think somehow a file got erased or misplaced and that is why I can't launch IDEAS, because when I log into my computer an error sign appears saying that the "lmgrd.exe" file can't be found. I did some research and this is linked to the startup of FLEXlm software that IDEAS uses. Any other recommendations before I contact the GTAC?

I recently had an issue where the Anti virus software removed lmgrd.exe from the licencing directory.
Check the following folder for this file:

(Default locations)
C:\Program Files (x86)\UGS\UGSLicensing (64bit)
C:\Program Files\UGS\UGSLicensing (32bit)

You may may need to check on the server for this file depending on where your licence is located.

You can copy this file from the installation disk if it's missing. (This is an old licence server if it's from an NX-I-deas5 disk which is fine unless you need to run NX7.5 or above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back