Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT, PLEASE HELP: Need advice on volume creation and and meshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffs429

Materials
Sep 16, 2010
US
Hi, I am facing a deadline on a modeling project and need some help ASAP. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Here is my model:

I am trying to creating a 3D ANSYS mode (with V10.0) and I am using extruding (VEXT) mostly to create the volumes. I have created 2 areas identical in size (both are rectangles) but with different design patterns on the areas.

The areas are parallel to each other, and both are vertical. (Let's call them area A and B). I have used VEXT for area A to create volumes and mesh for the features to the left, and done the same for area B and volume to the right.

And here is my problem:

I need to create and mesh the last volume, which should fill the space between area A and B. The problem is area A and B are already meshed differently. My question is how can I mesh the newly generated volume, so they match the mesh on areas A and B? Or is this even possible?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have created the volumes, you can use the VGLUE command to glue the volumes. If you mesh them, the mesh will be matched at the interfaces

Thanks for the suggestions...

Leibi: I tried creating a volume and used VGLUE, but the new volume is still being meshed all by itself.

jiligeo: It's too late for me to start over and create all of the volumes again.

Also maybe I didn't explain my problem clearly. Basically, if you have to 2 equal-sized areas that are already meshed (but differently, e.g. area A has 3x3 mesh and area B has 5x5 mesh) and they are parallel, can you create a volume in the space between the areas and mesh it in such a way that the 'adapts' to the existing mesh on both areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back