Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

[Urgent] Subroutine which changes the Young's modulus according to changes in Engineering Strain

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshaa

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2016
DE
Hi Everyone.

The model that I am currently trying to simulate in abaqus has a material that its Young's modulus (E) is decreasing with the increasing of the engineering (total) strain. I tried to write a VUSDFLD subroutine (my model is Dynamic Explicit and since I am an absolute beginner with coding I would like to avoid VUMAT).
I found an old thread here ( which gave me some clue in what I should write (Although they used USDFLD subroutine).

Here is my VUSDFLD subroutine:

Here are my questions:
1- The young's modulus of my material model in changing with the engineering strain (which contain both elastic and plastic strain). Does my subroutine cover both parts? and did I use right codes for it?

2- Should I just add the Data written below in the Elastic section of material property module (since it also contain the plastic strain)? and if I do so, would abaqus recognize when the strain reached the plastic zone?

E ------ Engineering Strain
203050 0
186750 0.01
174750 0.02
168450 0.03
163900 0.04
159800 0.05
156100 0.06
152850 0.07
148950 0.08

(I made this new thread due to the wrong topic that I chose for the previous one.)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back