Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

US PE License for Canadian Engineer 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng-Tareq

Structural
Jun 19, 2023
CA
Hello All,

I am considering getting my PE license for potential future projects in the states, I currently do not have any direction of where the work could potentially be. Therefore, I am looking into getting it in a state which have the least requirements and then in the future I could transfer accordingly to the needed state (and meet any more needed eligibility requirements). Can I get any suggestions, what is usually the go to state for Canadian engineers.

I have seen many Canadian engineers with licneses in Arizona and Michigan, I am not sure if this correlates to anything at all though.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can't pass on a chance to bitch about this topic

NY - PITA - cont. ed. must be from approved agencies, and over half needs to be live & interactive, they have pretty ridiculous rules for company registration (we had to form a separate side company to meet them), and then on top of it all, they are difficult/unresponsive to deal with

IL - agree difficult to deal with - I couldn't get reciprocity because I didn't meet their rules when I initially tested (in CA), so I would have had to re-test

NC - Also company registration issues

OH - timed and monitored cont. ed. - limits options

I vote for a US license to cover all states (which I am sure won't happen in my lifetime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back