Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

USB 1747-CP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

renrut

Computer
Nov 7, 2006
US
I recently acquired the USB 1747-CP3 converter. I installed the accompaning adapter so that I could connect to the DH+ port on the ABSLC. Still no success can anyone help me figure out which driver I need to use and how to set it up?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The USB 1747-CP3 is for usb to serial communictions, it will not work on DH+ port. The adapter is for the Micrologix PLC's.

The driver you need to use is DF1 or perhaps DH485.

A DH+ card for a PC, not cheap. There is not an inexpensive way to connect to a DH+ network. The one exception being if you have a SLC 5/04, you can use the serial port and setup a pass through link to the DH+ network. However, it is slow, since you are still using a serial connection at the beginning.
This thread on another forum covers it very well:

AB has a USB to DH+ converter for under a hundred bucks. I beleave its cat #1747 ???. Call your AB supplier, these USB converters are dirt cheap and work great.

The 1747-UIC will give you USB-DH485 conversion with the option of either RS-232 or RS-485 connections for the DH-485 side. Cost of the 1747-UIC is reasonable and it works properly, unlike the earlier 1747-PIC which works when it feels like it.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back