Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of Ln in a formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeydee

Aerospace
Nov 19, 2007
GB
I am trying to use the natural log function in a model to calculate a length, however I keep receiving the following alert- "Units are not homogeneous (m into Constant). We advise you to specify precise units for constants, otherwise the International System Units will be the default. (Ex:10->10mm or MyRealParameter->MyrealParamerter*1mm." I have checked the settings and they all appear to have the correct units - any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Joey Dee

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Joey - it appears that you are trying to use a math function against a parameter. For example, you have a length parameter A and B. A = B + 2in
If you do not specify the "in", Catia does not understand which unit to apply. It could be mm, m, ft....

Regards,
Derek

Check the units on both side of the operator, they should match. Note that in general you can't add or subtract a non unit parameter with one with parameter but you can multiple and divide.

I have checked the settings and they are all similar. The formula I am trying to use is - Ln((length(`Geometrical Set.1\Line.30`)+length(`Geometrical Set.1\Multi Output.17 (Project)\Project.30`)) /60 ) but still giving the error as before even placing "in" after each length.

Your Ln function is a function of length(elem). A Ln function can only be applied to a real number. Try dividing the whole thing by 60in. This will divide the length by a length, and give you a real number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back