Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of Treated sewage effluent ( TSE) for construction 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JECCNC

Civil/Environmental
Apr 5, 2003
QA
I have a situation where contractor is asking to use TSE water for compacting back fill material, the back fill is mainly sandy soil and is below a steel pipe rack. can any one help with the advantages and disadvantages of this action? are there any adverse effects of using TSE on soil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

JECCNC...this question was posted in another forum. Please stick to posting a question in a single forum in accordance with the forum policies.

health and safety is the primary issue. you need to determine the quality of the effluent. make sure it is chlorinated or ozonated (sp?) and test it for E-Coli.

Ron & jrisebo

Thanks for your observation about the double post , I must appologize. I assure you it was not intended that way.
I was going through threads in " Structural forums" when I decided to post my query, right after that it occured to me I am probably in the wrong forum, sice my question was more towards environmental and soil mechanics,so I posted it on the civil/environmental forum and tried to delete it from the structural section but didnt Know how ,any way I appologize again

JECCNC, I was being facicious...There are some forums I dont read, and if you posted a question I could answer only there, I would never answer. Its a dumb rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back