Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use selective instance in reuse pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh070379

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2014
IN
Hi,
I need to reuse the bolts in an assembly which has circular pattern. That pattern has 8 holes. But, I need 4 holes alternatively. Is it possible to use the reuse pattern for selective instance. Kindly give any idea. Time being, I constrained all bolts and nuts individually in 4 instances.
Suresh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi drew,
Thanks for the reply.
I unable to found out the orange dot in the reuse pattern edit dialogue box.
Kindly provide the screen shot and mark the orange dot.
Suresh.

See Below image

Untitled_mfe8v5.png

Hi Sachin,
You have shown the dialogue box for pattern creation in part design work bench. My requirement is reusing the pattern already available in smart team ( i.e. read only) to replicate the parts in assembly work bench. My understanding is we cannot edit the pattern or on/off the orange dot in read only component. Or is it possible by make the product as flexible. Kindly revert if I am correct or any other way is available.
Suresh

sureh070379 said:
My understanding is we cannot edit the pattern or on/off the orange dot in read only component.

do you work with a PLM system?

When working file base, CATIA allows you to modify file even if file is read only. You won't be able to overwrite original file.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back