Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user defined or costem template in ug nx7.5 (titel block)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohiths

Mechanical
Dec 26, 2012
IN
hi,
I am using ugnx7.5 default drawing template. but now our Clint asking for new customized template with his company name,drawing number,drawing name & tolerance sheet in new title block.
please tell me how to do this.............?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi lohiths,
First of all create a NEW "blank" drafting. Create the template specs inside it (as per the customer standards or you may even import the dxf/cgm file if they already have it)using tables and borders and save it in template folder (inside UGII folder).Now this template needs to be registered inside the .pax file (inside the same TEMPLATE folder) so open the drawing template (i guess ugs_drawing_template) with any text editor and create a new entry of yours in the last (copy one of the entries "but do take care to check the units of the entry first" and paste it ) "description" "name " and image name will have to be changed as per your new entry. Once you are done save it and close it.Restart NX once again and you will find it in the drawing templates when creating a new drawing.

In case you are just interested to re-use the standard tables then you can use SAVE AS TEMPLATE option too.
I hope you are working in a native environment only.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back