Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Fasteners in ProM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoballcane

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2006
US

I use the fasteners in ProM and sometimes the model does not want to mesh. I have used it in simple box models, but when I use it to hold brackets to plates and applications like that it does not want to mesh. Any idea what is going on?

Im using the screw feature

Any help or thought would be greatly appretiated.

Tobalcane
"If you avoid failure, you also avoid success."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The generic "unable to mesh" error is frustrating. Try applying or changing mesh controls, not by enough to make a diference in your model, just enough to change things a little. Sometimes that helps.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding. After all that I just gave up and let the two parts fuse, but the rest of the model did mesh with key bolts (fasteners) in place so I can see the effects.

Thanks

Tobalcane

Hi Twoball,

This may sound strange, but i have found that with extremely stubborn models that refuse to mesh (which i have ran into a lot), it sometimes works to copy your PART files out of your current directory and place them into a new one, making sure you only grab the part files. Then restart Pro, set to new directory, reassemble and mesh. I am not sure why this works, but it has got me through a couple of situations where the "unable to mesh" error vered its ugly little head.

Thanks MechLAD,

I agree with you. Somtimes if some other "bad" and "weird" things happen, Ill either or both shut my machine down and reboot and copy my file to a new one and re-run. Same here not sure why this works.

Tobalcane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back