Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvetk

Mechanical
Sep 27, 2007
IT
Hi everybody!!!
I got a problem in using relation to drive a VSS , in specific
i use wildfire 3 , i must use this relation: [SD9=EVALGRAPH(“RADIUS”,TRAJPAR*140)/5]
With a datum graph , but when i write down the relation ,after the inserting the datum graph , the system tells me there is an error in the relation. Where is the wrong??? What i have to do?? Someone can help me???
Tanks in advance!!!
Regards!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

(“RADIUS”,TRAJPAR*140)/5... hmmm

might need to be ("graph_name", trajpar*(140/5))

not real sure if you can have the math ()'ed.. as I haven't tested...or perhaps create a parameter.. div=140/5 then

("radius",trajpar*div)... seems like the )/5 is the error

k.... :)

I did apply the relation to a graph/vss ... you can nest the math.. but the problem is that it shortens up your
x_lenght value ... so the vss doesn't run with the entire values of graph...it gets cut short

so second guess :) is to apply the relation to the graph instead then use your "trajpar*x_lenght) in the vss.

oh that picture worth a 1000 words ...saying :)

after thinking a little more about it.. I think if you are modifing the x-length...you will need to do it in both the graph and the sketch....cuz if the xlen is now different in the graph that has to be allowed for in the sketch..

again it's that picture worth a 1000 words

Tanks a lot for the time spent!!!
I'll attach some images when i will be back in my office
For now , the model i'm trying to do is a plastic bottle , and the datum graph is set to drive the rounds of the section. To make it circular in the middle of it and smoothly return to the original section after.
Tanks one more time
Bye Sir!!!
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back