Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Remote I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

markstg

Industrial
Aug 22, 2006
US
Hello,

I work for a major refining organization and we are considering using remote I/O for our PLC applications in new units we are building. Presently all existing PLC equipment for the plant is located in air conditioned buildings. By using remote I/O we expect to reap large cost savings in multipair instrument cable runs and less air conditioned building space needed. The PLC specs are 140 degree F, 95% humidity non condensing. Location is South Louisiana. Does anyone have experience with remote I/O in such conditions and how as it held up.

Thanks
Mark

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From the top of my head, I would say for you to try
The easy2connect modules are quite simple to work with and they have a IP67 protection. Not sure on temperatures, but I guarantee you by experience that it is quite a reliable equipment concerning liquids. And by liquids I don't mean only water...

Depending upon distance, and number of devices, you may reap more than you can imagine. By using profibus or profinet you can utilize the bus to not only connect to your remote discrete I/O but you can hang your analog on it as well with a DP/PA coupler, thus eliminating the analog I/O needed, in the area. Not only will you gain in reduced wiring cost, you'll gain the ability to fully diagnose, and calibrate your instruments from a remote location.
If the ID is larger than the OD then the whole is on the outside Right

If the ID is larger than the OD then the whole is on the outside Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back