Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v4, How to project draw text into space??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegreenrod

Automotive
Mar 25, 2003
GB
Does anyone know how I can Project CATIA V4 draw text (*TXTD) onto a plane or surface in space as lines/curves, or how to convert catia text into lines and curves ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry Mike, but you can't project drafting text (or dimensions or any other non-geometric elements) into 3D space elements. There has been some previous posts suggesting to convert the CATIA drawing (or any text-based system (powerpoint, word, etc) into .dxf and then convert that to CATIA to end up with the lines and curve geometry you need. It worked for me with V5, so I think it should work with V4.

Hi,

Yes Jackk. You are right. This is the only way to do something with this kind of problems.

Sorry for you Mike, but is necessary to use another software to recreate your text as lines, curves a.s.o.

You can use Autocad (or other software) to do that, save your work as dwg file (an earlier version in order to be supported by CATIA), import again in CATIA, transfer in 3D space. Regards
Fernando

Thanks,it worked in the end ! I hade to use a PCB design package which could output DXF text as 'stroke font' because text from windows or other CAD packages was still recognised as text by CATIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back