Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v4 upgrade to v5 +/- 's

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucatusr

Automotive
Jun 14, 2002
US
Has anyone had good/bad experiences upgrading from v4 to v5. Our company is currently contemplating this move, with several options of CAD we don't have a deep history of v4 files or experience. As I am still several hundred/thousand hours away from becoming a proficient v4 user, is now a good time to switch???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The switch for users that can put their modeling methods behide them will find the transistion easy. CATIA V5 is a total redesign of CATIA and its much better for the users. with 60 hours of training and 3 month of experance you can become proficient. Personally seaking! Currently I am useing V5R8...

If you have not learned a lot V4 methodology, Yes. It is the best time to switch. V5 is very user friendly and powerful. We are currently integrating it with our V4 environment successfully.
What field of automotive application are you in?

Now is the time to upgrade , V5 is an all together better product . I have been a v4 user for about 8 years and did not want to swap but after some basic training i relised it was a far superior product .The retraining time is less than you think because it is very user friendly and the online help is superb .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back