Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5 Adaptive Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitsing

Mechanical
Aug 2, 2002
FR
Hi Friends
Can any one tell me how to take the section in adaptive sweep perpendicular to any given global vector...This can be done in I-deas through variational Sweep....
The final result of such an operation can be obtained by other methods but does adaptive sweep permits such an operation...

cheers
amit singh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,

can you send me a picture or a file of what you need, i guess you want to controle the normal of the profil in adaptive sweep but what you really want to do ?

(i have catia v5 P2 r9sp3)

Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

Hey Eric
my doubt is very simple..i need not send any pics for dat....its not what u r thinking...in adaptive sweep the section plane based on the points where the cross-section has to be changed comes by default...we cannot control the orientation of this section plane...as far as i know.....if it is possible,please through some light on it....
what i mean to say is : can we control the orientation of the section plane in adaptive sweep with respect to some global vector....

regards
Amit Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back